Question

Tracking the FIRST creation date of a Purchase requisition line

• 16 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I want to know our average time from need to released purchase order (and possibly more data points).

The big challenge here is to know the first date a purchase requisition line was created. If nothing happens, the daily MRP will recreate it again next day.

Is there any possibility to track when it first was generated?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @LundahlOskar ,

You can use history logging for this requirement. You can enable the history logging for the Created Date field in purchase requisition screen.

Then, you can track the original date (old value) and how it has  changed in each MRP run by viewing history logging for that field.

Thanks,

Badge +2

Hi “ThushAsanka”,

I was also in search of this same functionality, in terms of keeping track of the records from request generation to final awarding of the order. Then I came up with the same solution, as mentioned by you, for my client. But, as I can see, this option is available only in the IEE version of the Application and I am unable to trace any information, as my customer is currently using the Aurena client of Apps 10, upd 11. Do we have any similar functionality to keep track of the history logs of Purchase Requisition/Part Requisition Line/No Part Requisition Line as such, or anything equivalent to this in Aurena client? Please, do inform.

Also, on top of this, they need the particular time stamp of the records being either created/modified etc., which currently is not visible in the PR screen.

That will also be helpful, if I can get any information on that as well.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prabuddha

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi “ThushAsanka”,

But, as I can see, this option is available only in the IEE version of the Application and I am unable to trace any information, as my customer is currently using the Aurena client of Apps 10, upd 11. Do we have any similar functionality to keep track of the history logs of Purchase Requisition/Part Requisition Line/No Part Requisition Line as such, or anything equivalent to this in Aurena client?

History logging happens inside the database, as an Oracle trigger. If you set up history logging for a logical unit inside IFS Enterprise Explorer, that setting will carry over to IFS Aurena.

Badge +2

Hi “ThushAsanka”,

But, as I can see, this option is available only in the IEE version of the Application and I am unable to trace any information, as my customer is currently using the Aurena client of Apps 10, upd 11. Do we have any similar functionality to keep track of the history logs of Purchase Requisition/Part Requisition Line/No Part Requisition Line as such, or anything equivalent to this in Aurena client?

History logging happens inside the database, as an Oracle trigger. If you set up history logging for a logical unit inside IFS Enterprise Explorer, that setting will carry over to IFS Aurena.

Hi Durette, I do agree with you on the same point. But, the concern here is the customer is using the IFS Aurena client, upd 11, which is currently not allowing them to view the complete history log information of the activities, at the front end part of the application, which I believe predominantly is not even visible in the Aurena client.

Any needful suggestions on this will be highly appreciated.

BR

Prabuddha

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi “ThushAsanka”,

Hi Durette, I do agree with you on the same point. But, the concern here is the customer is using the IFS Aurena client, upd 11, which is currently not allowing them to view the complete history log information of the activities, at the front end part of the application, which I believe predominantly is not even visible in the Aurena client.

Any needful suggestions on this will be highly appreciated.

BR

Prabuddha

It’s my understanding the IALs and Quick Reports have been deprecated, but without replacements available in Apps 10, you’ll have to balance today’s business pain with tomorrow’s upgrade pain.

Do you have Oracle access? Maybe you could query this off-system.

Something like this would work in Apps 9. I haven’t tested it in Apps 10. (I didn’t run this to test it.)

CONNECT ifsapp

GRANT SELECT ON ifsapp.history_log_tab TO ifsinfo WITH GRANT OPTION;
GRANT SELECT ON ifsapp.history_log_attribute_tab TO ifsinfo WITH GRANT OPTION;

CONNECT ifsinfo

EXEC ifsapp.ial_object_api.disable('C_HISTORY_LOG');

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW ifsinfo.c_history_log_ial AS
SELECT *
FROM ifsapp.history_log_tab
WITH READ ONLY;

GRANT SELECT ON ifsinfo.c_history_log_ial TO ifsapp WITH GRANT OPTION;

EXEC ifsapp.ial_object_api.enable('C_HISTORY_LOG');
EXEC ifsapp.ial_object_api.add_description('C_HISTORY_LOG', 'Passthrough for HISTORY_LOG_TAB');

EXEC ifsapp.ial_object_api.disable('C_HISTORY_LOG_ATTRIBUTE');

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW ifsinfo.c_history_log_attribute_ial AS
SELECT *
FROM ifsapp.history_log_attribute_tab
WITH READ ONLY;

GRANT SELECT ON ifsinfo.c_history_log_attribute_ial TO ifsapp WITH GRANT OPTION;

EXEC ifsapp.ial_object_api.enable('C_HISTORY_LOG_ATTRIBUTE');
EXEC ifsapp.ial_object_api.add_description('C_HISTORY_LOG_ATTRIBUTE', 'Passthrough for HISTORY_LOG_ATTRIBUTE_TAB');

/*
In a Quick Report:
SELECT *
FROM ifsinfo.c_history_log l
JOIN ifsinfo.c_history_log_attribute a
ON a.log_id = l.log_id
WHERE l.table_name = 'PURCHASE_REQUISITION_TAB'
AND ...