shop order start setup

• 27 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 528 replies

Community,

Shop order Start Setup can be started from Shop Floor Workbench, is it possible that it could be started in Shop Order window? I don’t see the RMB function anywhere in Shop Floor Window.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 27 October 2022, 16:04

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Typo, I don’t see RMB function Start Setup anywhere in Shop Order window.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Start isn’t a selected status change on either the workbench or the shop order.  It is a derived status that happens automatically as soon as any time is charged or any material is issued.

It happens on the workbench normally if someone starts clocking time, they aren’t changing the status, IFS does in the background.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @ronhu,

The SFW is specially desiged interface for the shop floor users to use the shop order reporting function easily.

Best Regards,
Yohan

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@ronhu I'm curious to hear what you want to achieve by starting setup from the shop order page. Can you elaborate?

Start-stop clocking of setup time can be performed only from shop floor workbench page and time clock. Clocking records can also be added and modified from shop floor clocking page (and labor clocking from time card pages) 

However, you can report setup time also without using start-stop clocking. That can be done from shop order operations reporting that can be reached using navigation from the shop order page. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Björn Hultgren 

@Yohan Rajapaksha 

@ShawnBerk

Thank you all for your input.

@Björn Hultgren We are building CMES interface with IFS. CMES is a manufacturing tool interface.  when shop order is downloaded to CMES, it has a simple step to start the shop order, no material issue, no operation reporting. in CMES, no material issue message send to IFS until the shop order is completed. so when this Start message is sent to IFS, how to make the shop order to Started is a challenge for us now.

below action will make IFS shop order to status Started, 

1.  material issue
  2. operation reporting
  3. work bench select start setup or other clocking?

so, wondering what is the best way to handle this status Started in IFS. hence the question. 

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@ronhu  Thanks for the clarification. If you will receive the issued material and reported hours from the MES system I guess it is not a good idea to report time or issue material on IFS side just to get the shop order into Started status since then you risk having material or time reported double.

Maybe you should consider rather introducing some custom field or something like “CMES Status” that indicates Started once this message was sent from CMES rather than trying to update the actual shop order status.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Björn Hultgren Custom Status might be a good idea. I really cannot think other solution will be without doing above mentioned 3 actions.

Thank you.