Register Arrival, Cannot see part shortage alert

• 31 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 545 replies

Community,

We are on APP10, UPD9. We are setting shortage handling functionality.

We are expecting alert message “ There are shortage on Inventory Part XXXX” prompted when the part is really in short. But system just remain silent though we do see the part in Inventory Parts with Shortages window.

I remember when in APP9, system does have this prompt. why APP10 behaves differently?

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @ronhu ,
Make sure you have enabled shortage handling as below.

Also, on the inventory part >Misc Part Info, shortage notification should be enabled.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Nethmini Kosvinna Thank you for your input. I did have all the setup enabled.

I used to work in APP9, in Register Arrival window, system will prompt a small tag when your cursor is placed on the parts that are short. but I don’t see this behavior in APP10.

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @ronhu ,
When you receive a part with shortage you will get the below information message. Kindly let us know if this is the functionality you are expecting.

Thanks,

Nethmini

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Nethmini Kosvinna Thank you for your reply.

Wondering if the system could do in this way. 

When shortage alert is prompted, user can simply click and system direct it to a new window to resolve the shortages, in this window, user can resolve the shortage by select the outstanding orders, and fulfill the qty that could be sufficed by the current purchase order. most important thing is, you don’t need to do receipt into stock again and issue to the orders right away from that shortage window. Can system do that?