Question

Preventive Maintenance Action's Grouping Rules

• 28 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hello, IFS Heroes…

I have found in IFS official documentation this description:

‘If using the PM Grouping Rule on PM actions, the PM actions with same values for grouping rule parameters defined and that fall due at same time will be generated into one work order. This will result in all work list lines planned on the PM actions becoming work tasks on the generated work order. “

Key words of these statement  “fall due at same time will be generated into same work order”  I  consider this as if works should be done at a same day it will be grouped to one work order. But, unfortunately, all works grouped in one work order from start of a month and to a end of the month.

Is it feature or bug? What do you think?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Could you share a screenshot of how you are setting the pm actions up because we are getting them grouped only on same day.

Badge +2

Could you share a screenshot of how you are setting the pm actions up because we are getting them grouped only on same day.

I’m using Grouping Rules( not PM Group ID. PM Group is working on same day). What did you mean in your case? I have UPD7 of IFS10.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Ah im sorry i got the two mixed. We use pm group id. 
but by the sounds of it, maybe you should use that too. 

Badge +2

Ah im sorry i got the two mixed. We use pm group id. 
but by the sounds of it, maybe you should use that too. 

In my case we will increase administrative cost of solution, because we need grouping by equipment and it’s only one group.