Solved

Oil and Gas Extension - Transport Orders - WADACO

• 16 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Community,

Does anyone of you aware of the capability of Oil and Gas extension - Transport Orders in the space of barcode scanning to load inventory parts and receive transport order parts.
The customer is on Apps 10 Upd 10 using Oil & Gas extension and want to Load parts using barcode scanning also at the destination they would want to have the receipts done via barcode scanning. I couldn’t find any WADACO processes for Transport Tasks. Wondering whether this exists at all or not? Really appreciate any inputs on this.

Regards,

Malik

icon

Best answer by Dario Zani 17 August 2021, 14:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

There exist 3 transport task processes in Apps10 CORE, but if those are included in a Gas and Oil installation I have no idea. I know nothing about the Gas and Oil extension myself.

Do you have INVENT component installed? Since those Transport Task process are installed from Inventory. 

What kind of processes or how many are accessible for you in wadaco with that extension at the moment?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Dario,

Thanks for your response, The standard 3 Transport Task related processes are already in the customers environment. Oil and Gas Extension has a functionality called Transport Orders (not Transport Tasks), this enables Inventory, Non-Inventory and No-Part lines to be added to a Transport Order (Transport Task handles only Inventory Parts) and move from one location/site to another.

Pretty much similar to the standard WaDaCo processes for Transport Task, I am looking for processes for Transport Orders.
I have read in many forums that it is possible to create new WaDaCo processes which will be a customization. Unfortunately the customer is on a no-modification policy and may even look at third party barcode scanning apps which may spit out a csv to be migrated / loaded across to IFS.
Regards,
Malik

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Malik,

Ok, sorry I thought you were looking for transport task processes. I guess there are no new Gas and Oil processes. If there were any I would guess that my team would have been involved in some capacity, but we have not created any extension processes. I think there might be some non core process in the REDACO extension but I guess they are more focused on Retail flows.

Yes it is possible to create and add new processes but if they are done outside core I guess they would be counted as customizations, even thou I would say that a new wadaco process is less of a modification than other types of changing/adding new functionality to CORE.

Since the process is more standalone outside core functionality, you just install the process inside the wadaco tables and then deploy some server package(s) that could be standalone also, just using api’s/views that exist in IFS core. So it could be done without having to change core/extension code, if the customer is afraid of upgrade issues with customizations, but I guess there will always be some dependency to core functionality that you are using if that will change like API changing interfaces or something similar.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks Dario for your valuable input. I will discuss with the customer and see how they want to handle this. Adding a new WaDaCo process seems to be the way to go.

Cheers!

Malik