Question

Labor transactions after shop order/project closure

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Due to an incorrect Op ID entry on a labor transaction, a closed shop order was systematically re-opened to record the entry. Then the transactions errored out because the project was closed. We were able to resolve the posting issues by re-opening the project/shop order and all the steps associated so they could correct the Op ID. In response to this, I am trying to see if there is a way we could prevent this from happening again. I have reviewed as many resources as possible but don’t see anything to help troubleshoot this. 

Is it possible to prevent a labor transaction from posting when the shop order and/or project is closed through permissions or some other way?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @samantha.henderson,

Could you please let us know how you incorrectly add the labor transaction? (Using which screen, what function)

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi;

This has been restricted in APPS10 Track through the BUGS 150918 and 160753, when the Shop Order connected Project Activity is Closed.

However from the very beginning it is allowed to report time for closed Shop Orders as it has been the practice at many customers. Usually time is reported after and the authorization is taken place even after.

So today only if the connected Project Activity is Closed, it is not possible to Report time and an error is raised informing the user about the Closed connected Project Activity. This was done to avoid the requirement to reopen Projects unnecessarily.

For the non Project Connected case the Time Transaction can be cancelled and then reverse postings will be created against the Shop Order.

Perhaps using a custom event action, this situation for non Project Connected Shop Order could be prevented if the reporting time against a Closed Shop Order is not desired.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Vibhu, 

It was processed through Time Clock on one of our shop floor terminals. The business event is LABOR_RPT. I wasn’t provided much more detail so I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Samantha 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Vibhu, 

It was processed through Time Clock on one of our shop floor terminals. The business event is LABOR_RPT. I wasn’t provided much more detail so I hope this helps. 

Thanks, Samantha 

Hi @samantha.henderson,

I think Dameenda has provided a better explanation to your issue. Hope it’ll help to erase your doubts.