Labor costs cannot be calculated

• 14 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
  • Superhero (Customer)
  • 929 replies

Hi all,

in some cases the labor costs cannot be calculated and we don’t know the reason.

Does anyone have an idea? We use IFS Apps9.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Below documentation describes how the actual labor costs are fetched in Apps 10. Not sure whether it deviates from apps 9 or not.

Badge +2

Hi Björn,

I hope you are fine! 

I think, I am working on this issue at the customer now. 

The override employee cost checkbox is not selected. 

An example:

On 19th November the employee has reported 5 clockings. Each of them on different shop orders, but with the same labor class. 3 of them are booked with the labor class rate multiplied with the needed duration. 2 of them are reported with 0. Each clocking is at least 1 hour. 

Do you think, that this could be because of a calendar or work schedule in HR? The setting regarding the calendar use of the clocking is calendar and overtime. 

Or do you think another setting could be the reason?

Or do you think, this is a bug? But if it would be a bug, than there must be an algorithm, and so far I have not found any…

Thank you and best regards, 

Sarah

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Sarah Thomas  If you look at the labor history transaction created from the clocking with 0 cost, does it have any labor/man hours, or are these also set to 0?

If the transaction has time I would expect that also corresponding cost based on either the employee labor class, or employee salary/standard cost is booked accordingly with the given setup.

Badge +2

@Björn Hultgren 

Yes, this is the really strange thing. The labor time is given in the labor class history, but it has no costs. The clockings are for the same employee, same labor class, same date, created by the same user. They have different start/stopp times, but the labor time is each time 1.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Sarah Thomas Unfortunately I cannot see what the problem could be. I agree with you that if the cost is based on the reporting employee and you do have a time result on the transaction, the same hourly rate should be applied to both transactions created the same day. I’m afraid this must be technically investigated.