Question

Inventory Couting - report "added" parts (existing in physcial stock, but not in DB)

• 4 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Employee)
  • 50 replies

Hi, for IFS Inventory Couting  -  Coute Report, 

does it support the following situation:

​​​​​​​1.  Parts actually existing in Location physcially,  but not in IFS DB, how to report this?

2.  Same like above , for Lot/Serial managed Parts,  does it support above situation?

In Reality ,  most case is , the parts put on the wrong location/shelf.

eg: In IFS DB,  Part-A in Loc-1 , 

while physcially,  Part-A in Loc-2.

For IFS, we can report in Loc-1 - Parts-A : qty 0

while we CANNOT report part-A  in Loc-2.

How we deal with this?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Shou ,

When entering results for a created count report, you cannot change the location number of the part, or add a new location with qty of parts (as you say, physically available, but not in IFS inventory. This is because IFS create the count report for existing inventory part in stock records.

But, you can do this in the “Count per Inventory Part” window for each part. You can enter a new record with the physically available qty in the correct location.

And, obviously you can use “Receive Inventory Part” window as well for this.

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Count Per Inventory Part enables you to Count Parts without using a Count Report (enter the results of your physical counting of inventory parts without using a count report). Make ad-hoc corrections of inaccurate On Hand quantities.

Any divergence between the quantity stated in the system and the quantity physically counted will be shown in the created inventory postings, in the Acc Count Difference field in the Count Per Inventory Part window and in the Cum Count Diff field on the Inventory Part/Misc Part Info tab.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Yeshan Aluthgama , @ThushAsanka 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, actually, I know with “Count per Inventory Part” we can do such a thing,

but it is NOT a practice solution.

It maked end-user confused, if we  ask them to use another menu to report “added parts” (even they already created the count report)

Count Report is there , every operation should focus on Count Report.

From business process point of view, what User do is:

1.Create a Count Report 

2.Perform(report) Couting

3.Get the difference of the Count Report

4.Approve the difference

Nothing more than that.

For step.2  

it should allow,  

1)report added parts (in phycial stock, not in DB)

2)report missing parts (in DB, but not in stock)

3)parts with different qty

and if it is lot/serical tracked, it should allow:

​​​​​​​4) report wrong lot (Lot-A in DB , while Lot-B in real stock)

While, seems IFS missing the functionality of  1) ,  4).

Hope IFS can improve it soonly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Shou when there are deviations above the set limit for each part during counting, you can always view those records in ‘Count Result per Count Report’. There you can ‘Print Control Report’ from the header. 

(sorry I don’t have data to show you - I think you get my point. Only deviated counting lines will come up here) 

I think this can address both points 1 and 4. What do you think?

IFS Help defines this window as the place where we can ‘approve or reject rejected counting lines’. However in my opinion, it could address your customer’s need

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@EnzoFerrari 

Thanks for your reply.

Maybe there are some misunderstanding,  what I mean is

how you report the “count results” for point 1 and 4.

eg:

in Location RM-1-1-1, I actually find there is Part-X  3pcs on physcial stock

how do I report it to IFS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@Shou 

Your question, “how do I report it to IFS.”

You must use the Count Per Inventory Part view to add the part to a new location if you have excess parts.  This is the only way. 

However, if the parts were physically moved to RM-1-1-1, but no one told the database by doing the move function.  Then I assume that if you check the total of the Parts-X in the other locations, you must have a difference somewhere else.  If this is the case, then to correct the count, you should move the amount from the inventory with the database showing an excess needs moved.  This is what you should do if your overall total of Parts-X is accurate, but the amount in each location is not accurate.

There is no way to fix this issue from the count report or counting process itself.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@ShawnBerk 

Thanks for your reply.

Usually, customer only want one-count-report to cover the whole things, and manager only want to approve once.

to use Count-Per-Inventory-Part, it’s pretty messed up.

so many count-reports , and manager have to approve many times. 

The good news is from 22R1, IFS start to support the “added parts” senario.