Question

How do you make Cleanup of Inventory task work correctly?

• 31 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

We are running Cleanup of Inventory but no records are removed. We upgraded from APPS9 Upd#6 to APPS10 Upd#11 in September, Background job for Cleanup of Inventory show “Ready”. Is there something else we need to do to remove records from Inventory Part in Stock with “0” Qty on hand”. 

What am I missing?

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I removed the scheduled jobs and recreated the job for Cleanup of Inventory and it removed most of the old records but there are still a few that remain. Any thoughts why these were not removed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@arebbeadle This activity is used to remove location records created for inventory parts that have a zero quantity on-hand and are not frozen. This activity is performed prior to generating a count report. Records pertaining to receive inventory part and issue inventory part transactions will be deleted through this operation. This is useful, for example, when the part becomes obsolete or the warehouse no longer exists.

All records with an on-hand quantity of zero and a last transaction date prior to the number of days specified in the Days Before Current Date field, are removed from the Inventory Part In Stock, Receive Inventory Part and the Issue Inventory Part windows.

Therefore, can you please check the last transaction date of the parts and defined value in days before current date field?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I checked Transaction history for part 21011-011 last transaction date of 9/13/2021 so it should have removed the “0” onhand qty record. What else should I check?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Could you please check whether the "Frozen" check box has been checked for the stock records that you have mentioned  in the Inventory Part In Stock window?

If this check box has been checked, it means that parts have been frozen for counting. Therefore, those records will not be cleared by Cleanup of Inventory job.

If this box has been checked, you can find those part records in "Parts per Count Report" window and process them (e.g. Count without Difference /  Confirm Counted Lines /  Cancel Uncounted Lines). After that the Frozen box will be cleared in the Inventory Part In Stock window for those part records. Then you will be able to remove the records by executing the Cleanup of Inventory job.