Solved

How do you get a custom report to display in Order Reports screen

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

How do you get a custom report to display in Order Reports screen? The custom report is defind and printable but I can not get it to be listed in the Order Report screen.  Are there specific permissions or grants to assign to the presentation objects? Any suggestions?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Randini Jayasundara 20 July 2021, 09:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @arebbeadle 

Is it an operational report? If so please check the value defined for the show_in_order_reports_ parameter in the report RDF file. It must be defined inside the method call Report_SYS.Define_Report_() and the value must be set toTRUE.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

It is an operational report.I am using IFS developer studio to generate the RDF file and I don’t see the show_in_order_reports_ parameter. Do I have to add it manually? Here is the Report_SYS.Define_Report_():

Report_SYS.Define_Report_('ARE_CUT_LIST_REP', 'SHPORD', 'AreCutList', 'Are Cut List', 'ARE_CUT_LIST_RPT', 'ARE_CUT_LIST_RPI.Execute_Report', 0);

What should it be?

Thank you,

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I checked the report_sys_text_tab and the parameter is set to ‘TRUE’.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thank you for your input but after the weekend all my custom operational reports now show in Order Reports screen. I am assuming there was some backgroud job run to refresh the report library or cache? I know Oracle was restarted twice on last friday and the reports were not showing but now they are? 

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @arebbeadle 

It’s good to hear that the issue has been resolved. I guess it is due to a cache refresh.

In your Report_SYS.Define_Report_(), show_in_order_reports_ has not defined hence it will set to TRUE by default. I thought it was entered as FALSE in your method call. 

When deploying operational reports, below steps need to be followed.

1. Deploy RDF
  2. Import Schema and Layout via Report Definition screen
  3. Scan presentation objects
  4. Grant permission for relevant permission sets
  5. Refresh report cache and security cache

Thank you

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Randini Jayasundara,

We have a custom Module and I have created a new report for this Module.

I have added the ‘TRUE’ in Report_SYS.Define_Report_, but still it does now show in Order Report.

Also, the report doesn’t appear in Presentation Object Scanning > Reports as you could see below.

Because of this the pres object doesn’t created automatically, thus, the report don’t appear in the Order Report.

As a workaround, I created the the pres object manually, then the report appears in the Order Report.

My questions:

1. Why the report doesn’t show in Presentation Object Scanning > Reports?
  2. Why the pres object doesn’t create automatically?

Any ideas?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @rumesh 

Sorry for the late response.

Have you imported the Schema and Layout? Hope the custom module is already registered.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Randini,

I did all of that, but it is still not scanned. I did some investigation and found below.

Conclusion:

• It seems that the framework only considers only the CORE layer when counting the reports.
  •  

• Thus, the new reports are now shown in the Presentation Object Scanning window.

If you find anything regarding this issue please let me know.

Best Regards,
Rumesh

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @rumesh 

Thanks a lot for sharing your findings !

I searched bit more and found the Solution ID 285426. If your module contains new reports but doesn’t have any client screens, the issue mentioned in above solution must be the reason for not automatically generating pres objects for the reports. However I don’t think this corrects the report count issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Randini,

Thanks for the information :)

Best Regards,
Rumesh