Question

How do I default an IFS Saved Search created that isn't in the header

• 25 February 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I have created a saved search within Search In Context within the Manual Issue Shop Order screen Details tab. 

Which produces:  

But cannot find anywhere where I can set this Saved Search to be default.  

Please advise.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Do you mean here,,,

Accessed via RMB on Menu item

Linda

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Linda, 

Thank you so much for your reply.  Although it is the Manual Issue Shop Order screen the search I am referring to is the Search In Context that is available on the Details tab.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Not sure on that, @johnw66.  May need a custom event..

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi John ( @johnw66 )

Sadly what you are trying to do isn’t possible to my knowledge, the best you could do is in the users base profile ensure the following setting is checked:

Show Previous Search when Search Dialogue opens

All the best,

Pete

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I was attempting to do something similar and could not find where to set it to default either. Unfortunately, It does appear that functionality does not exist.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I’m trying to do the same thing.

When you RMB, go to Properties, on the last tab, there’s Startup Query. I can’t seem to get this to work, has anyone else tried it? It seems like it should accomplish what we’re trying to do. 

I’m on IFS10 UPD10

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello! I figured out how to make this work, where you can default in a search on a tab. 

When you RMB and go to properties, if you have the Startup Query tab, you can set a default search to execute when the tab loads. Check the box and select your saved search. 

There is one quirk to this, you cannot use a global search. So make sure when you save your search you do not click the Global box, if you already have one that is global, you can select the saved search from the drop down, click Save and then uncheck the global box and remove the ‘global’ from the saved name. This will save a duplicate search but you’ll be able to use it in the Startup Query. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi all, great discussion, looking for the same question.

Target is to sum up the sales price amount within sales tab on Work order, but I cannot see the Startup Query Tab. 

Thank you for any hint :-)

Regards Martina

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

ok, I found the same question here:

no reply 😣

maybe an access right topic…?