Question

Group and Filter in ShopFloorWorkbench

• 18 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

The list in the Shop Floor Workbench is very long and the customer will report many operations simultaneously depending on certain parameters. 

E.g. They want to “Start Production” (clock time on operation) for 6 operations, because they will all use material from the same batch, and then “Start Production” for another 9 operations that will use material from another batch. 

Can these operations be grouped depending on what unique component batch they will use? 

And when grouped, so that is not necessary to mark up all the rows, just one - start production at the same time?

We are missing group functionality and the column (used for filtering) for the component batch id  

Is this possible to implement? If so, how?

Or do we use another view, LU and adapt it from there with RMB functionality and so on?

Thank you in advance, 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You can group the required operations into an operation block. The operator will then know that all operations with the same value in the Operation Block ID should be selected and started simultaneously. 

However I’m not sure how to identify the shop orders that have material reserved/issued from the same batch. Maybe you can add a custom field to the Operation Block/Available Operations tab that picks up the reserved lot/batch no for the relevant component part. Note sure if that would work… Maybe 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you very much for hitting me back with an answer, 

Yes, we are looking into a version of what you just described: custom field for the reserved lot/batch for the relevant component part, 
There are many ways to do this, but I definitely see a solution along the road :)

Thanks!