Solved

Demand driven MRP (DDMRP)

• 28 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Please explain the concept behind DDMRP in IFS Application.

icon

Best answer by Elath De Silva 28 January 2022, 14:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

DDMRP is a buffer concept developed in 2011 and introduced in IFS Application 10 and you identify suitable de-coupling points in the structure and place strategic buffers as shock absorbers. DDMRP buffers consist of three color coded zones: Green, yellow and red. The color visualization is important to the DDMRP concept. DDMRP is like a re-order point system with coloured zones and the ability to consider spikes in demand embedded in MRP.

Badge +1

Here are links to some information on our website;

Webinar: https://info.ifs.com/webinar-discrete-manufacturing-Registration.html?utm_campaign=momentum&utm_medium=social&utm_source=community.ifs.com&utm_content=&utm_term=man&sc_camp=

Infographic: https://info.ifs.com/DDMRPInfographic.html?utm_campaign=momentum&utm_medium=social&utm_source=community.ifs.com&utm_content=&utm_term=man&sc_camp=

The basic concepts on DDMRP have not changed between 21R1 and 21R2.

The last update was a column in the where used screen that suggested which parts would be suitable for planning using DDMRP.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

It would be great if you could share any presentation documentation that is available on DDMRP. Not many customers have used DDMRP and it would be a good selling point. i.e. Cycle manufacturing companies. Also like to know if the basic concepts on DDMRP has changes in 21R1 & 21R2

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

How do I know if I have access to DDMRP

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

If you look in the navigator you should be able to find DDMRP pages under Material Requirements Planning. As an example you should have the page; Buffer Parts Attributes.

If your customer have bought the MRP component then you should also have DDMRP.

Cheers,

Mats

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

If you have time you go through the lengthy but interesting conversation I had in this community thread: Safety Stock Replenishment Window | IFS Community

Have a nice weekend

-Mats

Badge +1

You need to be on IFS APPS8 or later.  The demand driven tab appears in the inventory part screen when you change the planning method to ‘H’.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Correction to last reply - you need to be on Apps10 as Elath de Silva wrote months back in this chaing

Cheers,

Mats