Question

Auto reserve material

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi 

we are using apps 10 and have recently linked the material lines to the shop order operation on the product structure. The ‘Reserve/ issue method’ is set to Reserve and backflush’, since we have done this our planning department are now unable to automatically reserve material before releasing the shop order to manufacturing and the only way is to manually reserve each line item.

the planner is promoted with the below warning message preventing them to auto reserve the material.

does anyone know what it is causing this issue?

regards

Jamie 

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Jamie,

Have you check reserve and backflush window. You will able to Identify the reason from the window. If you can share the screen image could be able to explain the exact reason.

Regards,

Peshala.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

This message is not due to ‘Reserve/ issue method’ is set to Reserve and backflush’.

What is says is you can see the issue why you can reserve in the “Reserve and Backflush Visualization” dialogue box where you can reach via right mouse click on the Shop order Material Line. 

Anyway you can not reserve material before shop order is Released.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Peshala Fernando , Hi Peshala, we have the same issue as below. You can see some stocks on specific locations are available but can’t be used for the material. Is it because the location was not set up correctly or inventory part setting issue? Could you give some clues on this?

Thanks a lot.

BR

Eric Sun

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Peshala Fernando have you checked the material availability control ID on inventory part in stock?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Peshala Fernando , yes, I checked availability control ID and expiration date but no any settings for them, and actually we can reserve the stocks manually. So the stocks are available to the order but can’t be reserved automatically, which is very weird. Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Peshala Fernando can you send a snippet of the product structure you are trying to auto reserve material for?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Peshala Fernando , please see the screenshots below, if you need more information please let me know. Many thanks for your support on this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Peshala Fernando on each of the material lines on the product structure were are trying to issue the material from ? (see below as example)

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@jamiewhite , sorry Jamie, I saw you name but keyed wrong. I have found the root cause, this is because the product had been set as a production line part so materials are always auto-reserved from production lines rather than normal locations. I have fixed it by deleting the production line part. Anyway thanks for your information on this. 

BR

Eric Sun

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@eric.sun were can you see if the product has been set as a production line part?

regards

Jamie 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@jamiewhite , Hi Jamie, you can check if the part was set up as a production schedule by line part as below. If this is the case you  can delete the line and then the materials can be reserved automatically.

Badge +1

@jamiewhite

We have the same error, in our case the materials are received in IFS but automatically reserved in the project item navigator (PBS). We need to unreserve the materials and are then able to reserve on shop order level.