Question

Shop Order split generates UNISS transactions from Parent Shop Order

• 9 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We have one Shop Order that we have split (from the Shop Order Screen) which has resulted in UNISS transactions occuring, causing us grief with our data.

The Shop Order has a status of “Started” and some operation lines are “Partially Reported”.

I have other Shop Orders that are in the same state, but which do NOT generate UNISS transactions.

Any ideas as to what is causing this? I am hoping it is a specific setting we are unaware of on the Shop Order or Inventory Part but cannot see anything.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

These transactions should occur when you have issued material to the original shop order that is being "transferred" to the split order. What happens system wise is that this material is being unissued (UNISS) on the original order, then the corresponding quantity is issued to the split order 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks for the reply - however, what happens is the product is Unissued from the first Order, but NOT issued to the Split Shop Order. It does a put-to-stock (i.e. it appears as Inventory Stock witha Qty Onhand (!) under Overview- Inventory Part In Stock).

I have discovered that the one difference is that the Inv Part is setup as “Cost Per Job” which I beleive causes this issue. If I change to “Cost Per Lot Batch” (not sure if this is a mod or Std), then splitting the Shop Order does not generate the unwanted UNISS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Tim Oliver 

OK that sounds strange, material should not be left in inventory after the split. “Cost per Job” does not exist in core application so that mod is probably causing the problem.