Question

Scrap Approval Flow

• 16 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Is there any way to implement some sort of approval flow when entering scrap for an inventory part so that if a certain scrap code is used, it then must be approved? Some scrap codes we use need to be verified/looked at, while others are considered normal process types of transactions.

With all that said, we do not (and do not want to at this time) use the scrap functionality from the workbench.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi JDKirkendoll ,

Currently there is no functionality available in the application to set up approval when scrapping parts. If you want you may control scrapping from an inventory location by setting an Availability Control ID which does not allow scrapping. But I believe this would not be an ideal solution for your requirement. So currently you can only have this option through  a customization I guess.

But I believe this is a great idea to bring forward as many customers may want this. Hence you may raise a request in IFS Idea Wall (https://ideawall.ifsworld.com/) about this.

Thank you,

Ravinatha 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I actually tried the availability control - but we weren’t using W/D/R so each instance of the availability control applied to a part number/lot number worked to make the initial move to a location, but I could not make subsequent moves work when moving to the same location. When I get a chance I will pull together screenshots. I had thought we could “move” to the approval location and then see it handled thereafter. It mostly works… unless there is a combination of moves of the same part no/lot no into the same location at the same time.