Printing Barcodes and GS1 Barcode Font Provider

• 6 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

IFS Setup:  IFS Apps 10

Barcode Printer:  Zebra ZT-420

Crystal Reports:  2016

I am trying to create the inventory part barcode label in GS1 format.   This looked to have worked in IFS Report Designer by using a custom field to generate the code required and using the DataMatrix label format.   However, although I have amended the page layout to be 10cm x 7cm it still appears to be printing as per A4, the label prints in the centre of the width of the page.  If I look at the layout in report designer layout it still specifies A4 and will not let me change the value.   How can I do this?

Secondly, can anyone recommend a GS1 Barcode Font provider that can be used in Crystal Reports as that was my second choice to create the barcode label.

If we have to purchase from a GS1 Barcode Font provider, how is this implemented into IFS.  I think the ‘plugin’ would have to be installed on the middleware server.  Is there a specific folder that the font needs to be in?

Lastly, how would I get IFS to use a new font and print to our Zebra Label Printer ZT-420. 

I did notice that we have a ZPL Label layout that utilizes Layout Type Other Plugin.

I did have a look are report plug-ins but wasn’t sure how the barcode font would be specified.

icon

Best answer by RutJWhalen 15 February 2020, 11:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I recommend that you use Zebra Designer Pro to design your label. Simply add a GS1 barcode with the tool. This will give you the necessary ZPL when printing to a file. Then use the Script Plug-in. Copy your ZPL into a new  RPL that you copy from the documentation example and add some variables/placeholders for your report data. No need for a special GS1 font.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thank you for your reply.  We ended up purchasing Code128 barcodes from IDAutomation.