Question

Lobby Element Designer questions

• 24 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

I have 3 questions on Element Designer.

1. In the Element Designer, there is a Form Mapping section. I would like to know how to use it. I found an example in the Bar chart ‘Vacancies Progress’ which is mapped to ‘frmTabHeadCountPlan.  But in the Head Count form, I have not found anything related to this lobby element…
  2. In the Navigation section, I would like to have information on the ‘Use own process’ checkbox and its Process id.
  3. In a Bar chart, in the Data section, what exactly is the ‘Transpose data’ checkbox for ?

Thanks

Michel

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I too would be interested in understating all three points above. 

Userlevel 7

Hi,

I have 3 questions on Element Designer.

1. In the Element Designer, there is a Form Mapping section. I would like to know how to use it. I found an example in the Bar chart ‘Vacancies Progress’ which is mapped to ‘frmTabHeadCountPlan.  But in the Head Count form, I have not found anything related to this lobby element…
  2. In the Navigation section, I would like to have information on the ‘Use own process’ checkbox and its Process id.
  3. In a Bar chart, in the Data section, what exactly is the ‘Transpose data’ checkbox for ?

Thanks

Michel

Hi @mauger @DaveNorman 

for #1 I’ve answered in 

#2, ‘Use Own Process’ allows you to create multiple versions of the same form in Enterprise Explorer. Let’s say you want your lobby element to navigate to a specific configured form, you can specify the screen process ID of that form in the lobby element ‘Own Process Id’ to make that happen.
In the example I have created a copy of ‘Customer Order’ and selected ‘Own Process’ to get an ID.

In the form itself I have hidden Customer details.

Now let’s try to navigate to the customer order form from a lobby element, without having ‘Use Own Process’ set.

Now let’s add the Process ID of the configured screen to the same lobby element.

And navigate again.

I’m sure there are other use cases for this as well. Some more details about ‘Own Process’ can be found in the documentation https://SERVER_URL:PORT/ifsdoc/documentation/en/UseApplicationClients/EnterpriseExplorer/100_CustomizingUserExp/ActivityCustomizeNavigator.htm

#3, Transpose lets you rotate the data from columns to rows, or vice versa. A simple example. I have an element where I’m counting activities and my X axis is STATE. 

So let’s assume my data source looks like this:

STATE COUNT
Completed 4
In Progress 5
Not Started 6

Transposed it becomes this

STATE    

Completed     In Progress     Not Started
COUNT  4 5 6

And the result is:

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I tested the Transpose checkbox and here what I get :

1. Without Transpose

With transpose :

Something wrong ?

Userlevel 7

I tested the Transpose checkbox and here what I get :

1. Without Transpose

With transpose :

Something wrong ?

Not sure what you are trying to do? If you want to see all states for the transposed data, you will need to add ‘Multiple series’.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks for your answer.

I was trying to create a simple example like yours. I understand that the Transpose is to rotate the data from rows to columns… Here is what I get with the Multiple series checkbox.

Which view did you use ?