Solved

Incident Distribution List Email Query

• 7 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

We would like to test Incident Distribution List Emailing.

We have created the Incident Distribution List and setup the Distribution List Configuration conditions.

So, when an new Incident is created and the status changes to confirmed then the person in the relevant email distribution list associated to the configuration should be emailed.

When I checked the Release Email Notifications information I can see that the activity is used to send email notifications manually. Note that the status of the notification setting will automatically change to Completed when notifications are manually executed.

In the pre-requisites it has the following:

• In order to send automatic notifications to persons on the distribution list, the relevant event should be enabled in the Event Actions window by the application owner. If different notifications are required to be sent according to the type of actions performed for an incident report, specific values should be added in the Condition for performing this action section in the New Event Action window. These specific values (conditions) correspond to the specific actions related to incidents as detailed below:

NEW_INCIDENT – when a new incident is created.
    MODIFY_INCIDENT – when incident general information is modified.
    NOTIFY – when a person is notified by right-clicking him or her and selecting Notify in the Distribution List tab.
    NEW_INJURED – when a new person is added to the Personnel Injuries and Illness tab.
    ADDED_TO_DL – when a person is added to the Distribution List tab and the notification type is Automatic.
    MODIFY_INJURED – when an employee ID is set for an injured person.
    MARK_INVALID – when a record is marked as Invalid, the Notification Type is Automatic and the State is Completed.

Do we really have to create a custom event to do this?

icon

Best answer by richardwoods 18 February 2020, 12:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I believe there is a standard event called “INCIDENT_CASE_CREATED_STATUS”, this you will need to create some actions from…. if you need a hand give a holler...

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@richardwoods Thank you very much for the pointer.  I will be okay creating actions.   Cheers.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I am also configuring the incident distribution list, however I seem to missing a piece of the puzzle. 

I have the basic data configured, the distribution list is populating on the incident after it is confirmed / acknowledged…  However the state of the distribution list item is “To be alerted” even though the notification type is automatic.  

I believe that where I am missing the mark is when configuring the event conditions.  

My expectation is: when the conditions of the distribution list configuration have been meet, the corresponding distribution list will be populated on the incident.  Because the notification type is automatic, the email will be generated by the system per the configuration of the event action.

Am I going in the right direction? 

Badge +4

The event action you will need use to trigger the distribution list notifications is DISTRIBUTION_LIST.