Question

IFS - SAP integration

• 19 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Has anyone ever created an integration to manage some business processes in parallel between SAP and IFS (i.e. SAP for Finance and IFS for Manufacturing/Distribution or SAP for all SCM/Finance and IFS for Manufacturing)? Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

This request doesn’t come up very often. We have worked with clients in the past on this type of integration. Here are a couple methods we have used.

1. Exchange data using flat files. Its not real time and requires manual user intervention when errors are encountered processing the data from the other ERP system.
  2. Exchange data and process data in real time using the DSI Global platform server https://www.dsiglobal.com/product/add-on-products/integrations

Please send me a private message if you wish to discuss the DSI Global platform. It will tie SAP and IFS together.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi - we have done that, but between IFS2003 and SAP ByDesign. We use SAP for financials (its a long story) and only hold gross stock levels. IFS is master source of data for stock levels, Order Point Planning etc. to generate demand. Purch Reqs are raised in IFS & approved, pushed to SAP via CSV file. Loaded into SAP. Req to PO done by Procurement, SAP pushes.CSV containing the PO details to IFS, API written to transact in IFS using std api calls (including PO updates from SAP). PO Receipts in IFS produce a CSV file, pushed to SAP in the same way. Finally Stock movements (excluding PO Receipts) are sent at end of day.

All automated. It works until master data is not kept up to date.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Fabio,

I have seen this integration done before utilizing Novacura which has connectors to IFS and SAP. The BPM platform allows you to bring in data from multiple sources, perform transactions, and re-establish the data in those same sources (SAP and IFS). Similarly, you can schedule server jobs to integrate the data without user interaction.