Solved

IFS Report Designer - ascii CHR(29) problem

• 18 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I am trying to generate a GS1 QR Code in IFS Report Designer but cannot find a way to create a group separate to separate the columns that will create the QR Code.

Wadaco Configuration has been created so that FNC1 code 10 = LOT_BATCH_NO and code 241 = PART_NO.

I therefore created a READ ONLY custom field that using the following SELECT statement:

SELECT '10'||lot_batch_no||chr(29)||'241'||part_no

FROM INVENTORY_PART_BARCODE

WHERE objid = :objid

If I copy and paste the value from the custom field into Wadaco GS1 Barcode 1 on clicking SAVE the the value of the LOT_BATCH_NO is displayed in the Lot Batch field and the value of PART_NO is displayed in the Part No field.

Unfortunately, adding the custom field to IFS Report Designer the ascii value appears to be ignored as copying the value displayed on the report and pasting it as above the full value appears in the Lot Batch field.

Can someone please advise on how to get the group separator ascii value 29 - CHR(29) to work.

Many thanks.

John

icon

Best answer by Dario Zani 19 December 2019, 15:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I can’t help you with your Report Designer issue, but if you are planning to only use that QR code to scan something into a wadaco process, you can always try and change the FNC1 Separator character in wadaco instead if char 29 causes problems.

Since its FNC1 is totally configurable in wadaco and usually most scanners can be change to use other FNC1 characters for GS1 I think.

FNC1 Separator:
The FNC1 separator character used when a GS1 barcode is scanned. A GS1 barcode that contain a variable-length data element, that is not the last field, must have a delimiter following the last data character to indicate where that data character ends, and the following data element begins. The Group Separator character, ASCII value 29, is used as a default value in the GS1 standard. Please note that this is not a visible character in the scanned barcode string. In the scanning device, the character representing the separator can be re-defined. For example, the ASCII value 93 can be used which corresponds to the "]" character.

Note: The FNC1 Separator can be set on the Data Collection Basic Data/General tab, a configuration specific value can be set on the Data Collection Configuration/General tab. Changes to the basic data value will only affect new configurations copied after a new value has been saved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Dario

Thank you very much for your reply I did find the issue and then worked out that ASCII 93 would work.   Unfortunately I couldn’t get the QR Code barcode to work with GS1.   The ONLY barcode that worked as the DataMatrix.

Anway, thank you so much for your reply.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Dear all

if you want to test the GS1 datamatrix with the standard separator (ALT29), you can use Notepad++.

You type ALT-29 on the keyboard and you will have the right separator displayed. You copy the line and paste it in the WADACO transaction you need and it should work without any problem.

An attached file with my data, we can see the GS like separator ALT-29