Question

Email Event for Purchase Order and Customer Invoice to multiple individuals

• 3 January 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 19 replies

We have a need to send purchase orders to multiple people at the supplier (procurement and quality group for example).  How do we do this with an Event?  We have the same issue with Customer Invoices needing to go to Customers (Procurement, Quality and Finance).  If we have one, we would be able to figure out the other.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

If you want to email an customer invoice to multiple email addresses other than the customer reference, you can create an event action per customer by giving a condition (&PDF_PARAMETER_2 = XX, REPORT_ID= CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP)  and providing the required email addresses in the “To:” field separating with semicolons (To: &PDF_PARAMETER_1;test1@abc.com;test2@abc.com).

Similarly, you can do the same for POs.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

OK...I have different email addresses per Supplier or Customer that I will need to use.  I can’t hard code an email address.  I would like &PDF_PARAMETER_1 to contain multiple addresses coming from the customer or supplier record.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

If you do not want to hardcode the email addresses in the event action. You can specify all the email addresses together separated by a semi colon, in the Customer->Address->General Address Info->Comm Method and make it the default Customer Contact in  Customer->Address->Order Address info->Customer Contact.

Then the To: &PDF_PARAMETER_1 value will fetch all the email addresses specified in the Customer Contact/Cust Reference

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

If the semi colon does not work try a comma.  We are using report rules and we found that email addresses had to be separated by commas.

Phil

Badge +1

We have a need to send purchase orders to multiple people at the supplier (procurement and quality group for example).  How do we do this with an Event?  We have the same issue with Customer Invoices needing to go to Customers (Procurement, Quality and Finance).  If we have one, we would be able to figure out the other.

We have written a custom API and some functions to get the customer address emails based on the result key from reports archive.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

If you do not want to hardcode the email addresses in the event action. You can specify all the email addresses together separated by a semi colon, in the Customer->Address->General Address Info->Comm Method and make it the default Customer Contact in  Customer->Address->Order Address info->Customer Contact.

Then the To: &PDF_PARAMETER_1 value will fetch all the email addresses specified in the Customer Contact/Cust Reference

This worked for me. We used the semicolon, not the comma.

Thanks for the info!