Solved

Time Registration on behalf of others if not in same project team

• 27 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, we would like to be able to enter time cards on behalf of other employees.

We know already how to do it if we are in the same project team. But how to do the same if we are NOT in the same project team? We systematically get this error message: “You are not allowed to enter Project Time/Cost Reporting for this Employee of company XXX.

I guess there could be a way via Access Attribute, but i can’t figure out what should be changed to grant this right.

Thanks to help if you have any clue ...

icon

Best answer by MadushaDissanayake 28 April 2021, 04:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,

If project access is switched on, the basic case is that only the project manager or sub project manager (in addition to the employee reporting the transaction) can edit transactions for people reporting on the project/sub project.

If the TEAMACCESS company property is switched on, this is extended so that team members within a given team can edit transactions for other team members belonging to the same team.

You are not allowed “Report, Change or Approve” time belongs to different team members in a project which is the IFS standard functionality.

Even if TEAMACCESS company property is set to TRUE,  Inter- team reporting is not allowed.

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, Thanks, that’s very clear and is exactly describing what we are experiencing. Project Access On is indeed activated on all our projects, but i was hoping there was another workaround through the HR Access Attribute…

Thanks anyway, best regards,

Ludovic