Solved

Time Registration grid view does not show projects

• 18 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, 

I have a problem with my time registration using LTU_HR license. When I’m switching from calendar view into grid view it does not show any projects added in calendar view. I can add a project in grid view but it does not show in there only in calendar view. 

icon

Best answer by admahu 3 June 2021, 16:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Aleksandra,

According to the functionality, both My Time Registration Grid view and Calendar view are synchronized. If you enter a record in one page/view, it should be reflected in the other as well.
In your scenario, have you checked with another user whether they have encountered the same issue in My Time Registration?

Thanks and Best Regards
Madusha

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @aszlegier,

I have looked deeper into the issue and found a probable fix.

There has been a fix created in IFSAPP10 UPD10(bug fix - 156196).

This bug fix has corrected an issue in Grid View in My Time Registration where the project transactions were not shown when using grid view.

The root cause for the issue has been that the Grid view to Project Transactions window will show the records if the company of the transaction matches the context of the Company context in Project Transactions page.

You may report a case to IFS Support to resolve this.

Best Regards,
Thanushi 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Rusiru Dharmadasa, seems like a LTU license issue, anything you know of..?

- Nalaka - 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Nalaka Samarasinghe  Do you think this page is designed to check specific permissions just to see projects added? LTUs will just control what permissions that this user has but nothing else to my understanding. 

Badge +2

Dear @MadushaDissanayake@Thanushi Jayaweera, @Rusiru Dharmadasa ,

Has this issue been resolved ever?

I have the same problem with a couple of our users. For most users, the grid view shows project hours well, but for a few users it doesn’t list anything. Calendar view works great. Everybody belongs to only ONE company. Here is an example:

We tried on different computers with different browsers, but the experience is the same for the users who reported the issue. So it must be an incorrect user setting somewhere in the system. But I have no idea what kind of setting could cause a problem like this. As far as I know, the users have the same permissions, so it does not make me sense why grid view works well for most of them, and why it doesn’t for a couple of them.

Thanks for your help,

Adam

Badge +2

It looks like that a missing permission to the PRJREP_TIMMAN database object caused the problem.