Skills matrix and evaluations

• 28 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 1 reply

We are considering to move our production operators Skills Matrix to IFS. Is anyone using IFS for this purpose? Which modules?

The purpose is to have it easy to use for production leaders who work with it daily.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I have implemented this for some customers – all on different levels of detail.  Some define jobs and job requirements to be assigned to employees and compared to what qualifications the employee really has – in the GAP analysis. Others “just” define Competencies and Certificates and connect it to employees more like a “competency / skills bank” to query from.

To support managers in the yearly review of employees skills we use “Employee Development program”.  This is a great starting point where they can link to all information needed, add development activities, perform gap analysis and more. It is a also a good way to keep track on that all managers have really done the reviews.

I think this works fine and is a really nice tool to support managers in their daily work. 

Regarding your question about modules:  Jobs are included in PERSON but if you want to define job requirements, and connect qualifications to employees,  you need to be able to define competencies and certificates and that is done in STRACO.   Employee development program is in TRNDEV I believe. These are the technical module names but maybe they are sold under other names :-) 

Badge +2

Thank you for your answer. These functionalities I know already, but was looking for something more user friendly for DAILY evaluations, not only annual ones.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Interesting… curious :-)  how do you mean daily evaluations. Does managers update employees’ skills on a daily basis?