Question

IFS BA Previewer Not Installed Error

• 24 March 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello all,

We recently installed BA on a user computer. It appears to work fine in Excel, and will load data. However, when trying to preview the report in IFS itself, in the BA folder, the following error message loads:

“Cannot View File Type .xlsx A Previewer is not installed”.

Obviously, Excel is installed.

Thanks,

Rich

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Have you checked security and /or trust settings in Excel?

Microsoft does not always play nicely with BA….. :grin:

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

No, I am quite familiar with the Excel security issues. That isn’t it. It isn’t even getting to Excel.

The report can be run direct from Excel, using BA, on the same computer.

Thanks,

Rich

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Sorry my apologies, you meant executing from the application and then previewing the report after the report run completes in IFS.

This is a more technical question - it will be a setting somewhere in the Solution Manager area of IFS - I’ve just had a look myself for a few mins and can’t find anything that matches what I am expecting to find.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

It works fine on every other computer. We have dozens of users using the BA tool. It is something local to the settings. Maybe a JAVA issue, something odd along those lines. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

In that case I am stumped - sorry I couldnt be of more help.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Yes, it is not an easy one. The sad thing is I came across this a few years and figured it out. Now I can’t remember what the fix is. It hasn’t really mattered for the user, as mostly he just uses BA for one weekly report that is e-mailed but I know it will come up again.