HR Time Clocking

• 18 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 545 replies

Hi, Community,

Need your expertise on HR clocking and more.

We are acquired by our parent company year ago, and the parent company is starting the standardize program, standardize the time clocking system.

we are on APP10(upgraded from APP8 at technical level only), never use time clocking system before. Parent company’s expectation is to have everyone of the company using time clocking via IFS, plus we have lots of contractor working on production line, they also need manufacturing clocking to get the payment.

your feedback is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Rasangi Tilakaratne 23 June 2021, 09:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Ronhu,

You can add the setup as per your requirement, where you can use the inbuilt Time Clock if required (which is inside IFS Application as follows);

Or else, you can use IFS Standalone Time Clock (which you can find as an “Add-on” to IFS Application as follows, which you should  install separately if you want to use it )

And in order to use the Time Clock, you have to define Time Clock Types as follows;

And then  you can connect the relevant Time Clock Types with required users in Time Clock Terminals window as follows (where you can define other details as per your requirement);

Then users can login and report Clock-IN and Clock-OUT using the Time Clock.

And for Manufacturing Time reporting, you can either use Shop Floor Workbench as follows;

Or else use Manufacturing Time Clock as follows;

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Rasangi

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Rasangi,

thank you for your reply.

i have another 2 questions

1. what type of hardware it needs. it needs scanner and swiping functionality.
  2. this kind of hardware can be installed both at the gate and shop floor, it can be used for shop floor reporting as well, right?

Thank you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Ron,

I have checked with Product Development Team and received the following answers to your questions;

1. Question: What type of hardware it needs, it needs scanner and swiping functionality. Answer: You can use USB Card Readers and even NFC readers.
  1. Question: This kind of hardware can be installed both at the gate and shop floor, it can be used for shop floor reporting as well, right? Answer: Yes

Anyway the attached “Time Clock Set-up Guide.docx” will be useful for you when it comes to setting up the Time Clock.

Best Regards,

Rasangi

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Rasangi Tilakaratne  Thank you very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Rasangi Tilakaratne 

hope you are doing good.

bother here again. i have a question about time clocking via external clocking system. Our corporation is going to use current ETIME system, and they would like to build interface to IFS. in the future, clocking will be collected by ETIME system, and loaded to IFS later.

my question is, will this be supported by IFS? does IFS have this kind of API for importing external time clocking?

Thank you very much.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Ron,

Sorry for late response. 

I will check this out from Product Development Team and get back to you on whether there’s any standard integration/ interface to enable this third party external clocking system. 

Best Regards,

Rasangi

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Rasangi Tilakaratne  Yes, please. Corporation would like using current ETIME system and build interface to IFS. any documentation is much appreciated. 

Thank you.