Solved

How to disable middle name of employees?

• 30 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

I need to disable showing the middle name of my employees in all windows. This was the behaviour in APP8, but in APP10 the middle name appears in all windows. How do I do that?

TIA

icon

Best answer by Thanushi Jayaweera 30 April 2021, 21:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @dannyh,

Not sure if this is the answer that you are looking for, but you can remove the middle name from the Employee File(highlighted below).

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you for the answer. But let me emphasize a bit more. I need the middle name in the employee file and I need it to be disabled in all other windows across the application. Any leads?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @dannyh,

Can you follow the below step and check if it works?

1.  Go to System Definitions window > Object Property tab and search for the Object LU : PersonInfo.
  2.  Set the Property Value to ‘FALSE’ and save.

1. Go to Persons window > RMB > Select ‘Update Person Names..’

1. Give ‘Yes’ and ‘OK’ to the dialog box below.

2. 5. When you go to other windows the middle name should be disabled now.

Hope the above information helps you. :relaxed:

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

This helps @Thanushi Jayaweera. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, 

In order to stop displaying the middle name in Employee related windows you can set it by using Internal Display Name. Remove the middle name there and application wont show middle name anymore.

E.g - 

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi

Object Property EXPOSE_MIDDLE_NAME in System Definitions window actually controls how the middle name is displayed PERSON related windows in the application. You can use both these settings to avoid displaying middle name in the application

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha