Solved

How do you rehire a former employee?

• 1 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

What is the best way to rehire a former employee (same company, same employee id)?  I have tried using the wizards for: New Employee, Single and Group Employee Assignments, Schedules and Rules Assignment, and Extend Employment.   We use Time and Attendance, as well as shop floor reporting, so there are many places that need a new record when rehiring (Employee Status, Employee Period, Org/Position Assignment, Schedule, Manufacturing Labor Class, etc.).  Ideally, I wish we could use the New Hire wizard, as the employee may be coming back with a completely different role that requires different records.  Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by ADDMARIAE 1 February 2021, 20:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Unfortunately there is no way to use the assistant for this before IFS 10. From IFS 10 there is an option in the New Employment assistant to “Re employ”. Then you can select what employee you want to re employ and add all new periods and information step by step in the assistant.

For older versions the only option is to have a checklist and go through all the places… as I see it… 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

That’s great to hear there is an assistant in 10.  We are hoping to upgrade soon.  Thanks for your reply!