Solved

Hidden Employee Names in the Time Registration UI

• 28 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi, 
I've got a question with regard to IFS Aurena. In the time registration UI, in the side bar of the list of employees, the employee's name is not visible on each list item. However, an icon is visible denoting the initials of the employee. Is the is the default behaviour? 

How can I make the names visible? I also noticed the same behaviour in other UIs such as expenses to manage. That's why I'm uncertain if I have set up the system correctly. Can you give some hints to fix this?

icon

Best answer by Thanushi Jayaweera 28 April 2021, 21:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @steve_stadnik,

This issue has been fixed through a IFSAPP10 UPD10 bug fix(156396).

You can use the below workaround if you need to manage any urgency.

1. Find the Person ID to which your User is attached to.
  2. Go to Supervisor-Access window and query for this user.
  3. Go to the Supervised Employees tab and find the Access Role of the Supervised Employees

1. Zoom into the Access Role.
  1. Add an attribute which is ACTIVE and grants permission to view the names such as Employee Self Access or Access to Employee File in Read only mode.

This will grant the users access to view the names of the employees in the Time Registration, Expenses to Manage and Time Registration Employee Time Base windows.

However, as a permanent solution I would suggest you to raise a case to IFS Support to request bug fix : 156396

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @Thanushi Jayaweera , Many thanks for the prompt reply. Let me check if your suggestion checks out.

~Stadnik