Question

export organization chart IFS10

• 2 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello,  does anyone know if it is possible to export the Organization Chart from IFS10 other then .png format ?  When printed as .png it is not readable. We'd like to export to another file extension, for instance .vdx or .vsdx  (MS Visio) or .xslx (MS Excel).

Thank you in advance,

Adriaan

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

In the Graphical Position Structure - RMB -» Export. 

You should get txt format to load in Visio to create the org chart. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Tolkounai,  thanks for your reply but that is not what i am looking for.  The organization chart in IFS has a graphical interface with the user names in each position. A solution might also be to print only a part of the tree as .png  but i don't know how to do that either.

The full tree is quite big so the picture exported is not readable.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Adrian,

those are the file format option you can save the org. charts with:

Another option (not sure if this is valid for you because of graphical interface with user names):

Go to organisation units and export those toghether with the export file out of position structure (the option mentioned by @Tolkounai ), try to import both into MVisio. Maybe into MVisio you get then the correct full structure:

BR,

Siri

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thank you for the reply Siri.  I will combine both answers, from you and Tolkounai, and will try this together with my HRM collegue from whom the question originates.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Forgot to mention:

you don’t have to export necessarily all the organisation. you can adapt filters in organisation chart windows, based on those the export will be generated:

So this is alternative option for exporting smaller org. charts.

BR,

Siri

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Ha ing the correct zoom % and then exporting the .png gives a quite readable pic if that helps.