Question

Error Message: The server transaction has expired. Please redo your changes.

• 20 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Payroll > Payroll Calculation > Payroll

When trying to process the payroll user received the error message:

The server transaction has expired.  Please redo your changes.

After reporting it to me I asked her to retry and it went through without any issues.

Has anyone come across this before and if so what was the issue?

Thank you.

John

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @johnw66,

This might be caused due to the re-authentication behavior,

When the user logs in and work in IFS Enterprise Explorer client the client session is refreshed based on the session timeout (Default 10 minutes). When the current session times out the Access Token given by the ADFS server is used to refresh the client session. The Access Token is has a lifetime of about 1 hour by default. Once the Access Token is expired the Refresh token given by the ADFS server is used to obtain a new Access Token. This Refresh token has a lifetime of about 7 days according to ADFS documentation. Once the Refresh token is expired it will not be possible to get any new Access Tokens. So re-authentication will fail and the user will be prompted for credentials.

Source: Configure Active Directory Federation Services for Windows 2016 as OpenId Provider

Ping @Sajith D for expert opinion.

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @johnw66 ,

Do you by any chance have a record on how long after the user started the payroll process they got the error? If i’m not mistaken the payroll processing is run on the foreground so if it is large enough and takes more time, it is quite possible that the process is hitting the transaction timeout on the MWS side when the system is busy.

Cheers

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi John,

Please use the background checkbox checked for the processing payrolls.

This help because the background job won’t be disconnected even if the processing lasts many hours. Additionally there should be defined separate Batch queue for the payroll activities to avoid blocking other background jobs by the long run payroll processing.

BR

Zbigniew