Question

Data Masking

• 19 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

How can I apply data masking on some confidential fields such as personal private infos?

I need to display some confidential private info with “ABC***” format even the user has Access right. After approving a confirmation message the field will be displayed.

4 replies

Badge +1

Is the requirement that it is okay for the user with access to see the data but you do not want it seen unless that same user chooses to make it visible?  If that is the case you could try the following, though not overly elegant:

1. Create a Custom field that is a Yes/No option to have the user choose whether to show the data or not.
  2. Create a Custom field that will show the core field as masked if the field in #1 is No, but show the actual contents if the value is Yes
  3. Hide the core field.

Two downsides is that the user will need to choose No before they leave the record to hide the values again and that once saved to Yes, a second user going into the record will see the data.  But it may be close to meeting the requirements.

In addition, the above solution only works for read only data.  Of course, if this is data that you need to add or edit, you cannot use the above solution since you would need access to the core field.  But if the core field was created and edited by other users with a different profile, you could do the above.

Chris

Badge +2

I’m new with IFS and using IFS 8, Coud you mind giving some detailed info accordingly, May be you add a link directly into your reply. Thanks a lot.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

Maybe you can use the functionality for “Personal Data Management” where you can set up different anonymization methods?! 

Information about “Personal Data Management” are to be found in IFS Partner Portal under Service >IFS Applications >Update Release Information >IFS Applications 9. Human Rescources and Update 10 News. 

BR

Karolina

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

Here are the link to Partner Portal https://partner.ifs.com/servicing/ifs-applications/ifs-applications-release-information/ifs-applications-9/

Scroll down to Human Resources and choose Update 10 News.

BR

Karolina