Solved

Can IFS restrict viewers to only see their entries on a specific screen?

• 7 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello,

We are in the process of implementing Apps10 and working on the Health and Safety module, specifically Incidents.

We would like to use this as our Near Miss and Accident reporting tool, but need to restrict access for users to only allow their entries + adding new. However, due to privacy reasons, cannot display other persons information that may have been injured in an accident (coordinator, reported by, etc.).

IFS default a user can see all entries for their respective company.

Thanks,

Jeff Nattermann

icon

Best answer by Siri_Bytics 11 August 2020, 16:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Jeff,

I had a look on your question, the following are my findings and suggestions:

• There are no attributes dedicated to Health and Safety
  • There is an Incident Reporting App

Hence you should be able to implement Health and Safety according your business requirements.

I suggest that you solve it through 2 user profiles:

• Incident reporter user gets access to the incident reporter assistant:

• while incident coordinators gets access to the rest :

Incident reporters can use the App when on site, which is more suitable and handy.

For the incident reporters to see their own reported incident I would set up a custom event sendind a notification about the reporting incident (kind of a log). The event action can be of type email, push notification, stream message etc.

Another way could be to create a custom view called incident report log which only displays incident created by the logged in users.

If there are other solutions or ideas how to solve Jeffs request, I am also happy to know:-)

Best regards,

Siri

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thank you for the options. I believe we’ll go with allowing access to Assistant only and using the Distribution List Basic Data and Distribution List Configuration to send automatic emails. 

If they want to see their history of entries, they can review their automatic updates (emails), or we created a quick report that will filter ‘where reported_by = fnd_session.fnd_user’

Thanks for the advice!