Solved

Aurena Expense Sheet Code Part Bug?

  • 10 June 2021
  • 7 replies
  • 64 views

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 6 replies

Hello,

 One of my customers noticed an issue when trying to add Code Parts to Expenses in Aurena. When they select any Code Part and click “Save” it shows a green check and says “Expense Edited”. However, nothing is actually saved. The Code Part fields are left blank and when you check IEE they are also blank. I ran a test by entering the Expense in IEE and adding Code Parts to see if it worked and sure enough it did. I then checked the same Expense in Aurena and I could see the Code Parts that I attached on the Expense lines. 

 

Has anyone seen this issue? I am about to report it as a bug but wanted to reach out to the community before I did for any possible solutions. My customer’s end users only use Aurena so using IEE instead is not a solution unfortunately.

 

Additional info: They are using Apps 10 UPD8

 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thank you!

   Nik  

icon

Best answer by Lasanthi Jinadasa 11 June 2021, 07:27

Hi Nik,

Thank you for the details. 

You are correct. It seems there is an issue with the line code parts in UPD8. But, that is already fixed in the latest environment.

Instead of editing the expense or Mileages, you can use Set Code parts option in the header as below. But of course it will then update all expense lines with the set values at once.

The issue will get fixed once you will be updated to the latest updates. Please report a support case for further investigations and see if you can get a particular fix.

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Nik_K 

 

I have found a fix (ID - 154692) which belongs to UPD  9 that might resolve this reported issue.

 

Here’s the test plan of the fix. Please check the test plan and see if it’s related to the same issue you are having.

In New Expense Sheet - Admin page,

1.    Select ‘General Expense’ and set the date to the start date (7/5/2020.) and purpose, then click ‘Create Expense Sheet’
 2.    Create Expenses from Credit Card Transactions

3.    Manually create expenses for any that do not auto create
 
4.    Then select all lines (using the tick) and set code parts
 
5.    Set the season to the relevant season and click OK.  To set a different code part i.e. department just tick the related line and set code parts
 
6.    Code Part values are not set


Issue is that the credit card information that is connected to the expense sheet is on 7/2/2020 while the expense sheet is created for 7/5/2020. When using the "Set Code parts" option the date at the system is picking 7/5/2020 and therefore it is not getting updated in the expense line.

 

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Nik,

I checked the functionality in latest reference environment. I couldn’t find any issue there.  I tested both ways Aurena to IEE and other way too. When you  do set code parts. Do you get any values for Postings? 

I couldn’t verify this in  Apps 10 UPD8. But this is working fine in our latest reference environments. I will update if I could check this on UPD8 as well.

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Nik, 

I verified the basic functionality in UPD8 as well. I couldn’t find any issue . Please let us know if you referring any special scenarios like credit cards, work orders,  project activities ect. Please check if the values are missing in postings as well as expense line details too.

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

 

Thank you @Lasanthi Jinadasa and @MadushaDissanayake

 

This seems to be an issue in UPD8 because their PROD database was in UPD6 before and it worked fine. They just recently updated their PROD database to UPD8 and noticed that this was not working. Below are some screenshots to show what exactly happens. They have expenses that come in from Credit Cards but also other expenses as you can see in the screenshots below.

 

The Code Part Value that was entered/Selected

 

The Message that wee see that shows it was “successful” 
The Code Part still empty after the previous step and message. 

 

As mentioned before if this is done directly in IEE, then the value will be visible in Aurena. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Lasanthi Jinadasa - They have credit card expenses and other expenses. As mentioned, I used the same Code Part Value for the same exact expense sheet in IEE and it saved and worked. I was able to see the Code Part Value I chose in Aurena when I went back and queried the Expense Sheet. That tells me that there is nothing wrong with the Postings or the Code Parts because it works in IEE but not Aurena.

 

Thank you!

  Nik

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Nik,

Thank you for the details. 

You are correct. It seems there is an issue with the line code parts in UPD8. But, that is already fixed in the latest environment.

Instead of editing the expense or Mileages, you can use Set Code parts option in the header as below. But of course it will then update all expense lines with the set values at once.

The issue will get fixed once you will be updated to the latest updates. Please report a support case for further investigations and see if you can get a particular fix.

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Lasanthi Jinadasa - Thank you. Since they need it on each individual line, setting from the header won’t work for them.

I will have the file a case with IFS so that they can get the latest updates or fix. 

 

Thank you so much for your help!

 

Thank you,

  Nik

Reply