Question

Apps9 TripTracker mobile app question

• 4 June 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

We’re looking to set up and use TouchApps in our Apps9 environment, and have managed to get several of them working OK using iOS devices.

That said, I have a problem with the TimeTracker app where it errors when trying to sync during login.  It just keeps looping with the green sync running followed by this error.

I’m not sure if this is related to security - there is no permission set script that can be generated from the TAS server - or if this is something else.  

Can anyone provide any guidance or point me to some documentation I might be missing?

Thanks,

Nick

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Have you given access to the Activities to the User?

This is shown in IEE under Permission Sets > Activities tab

Cheers

James

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Thanks @James Ashmore , that makes sense but I haven’t because I haven’t seen any indication of what should be granted. 

Can you point me to where I can find that required Activity info, or maybe you have the info to hand that you can share?

Thanks,

Nick

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You can see all the activities associated with the Time Tracker App under the folder “TouchApps TimeTracker”

Cheers

James​​​​​​​

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Thanks for the follow up @James Ashmore .  Unfortunately those are already granted just from my testing, so those aren’t the issue at this point.  I was hoping that there was something else that is known to be needed (either a PO, DO or Activity) or documented somewhere for reference.

Thanks,

Nick

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Okay. Can you check that you have the permission set “TOUCHAPPS_RUNTIME” granted in a structure to your users permission set please.

If this doesn’t solve your problem then I suggest raising a support case to get further assistance

Cheers

James

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Yes, TOUCHAPPS_RUNTIME is assigned to the test user.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

From the Solution Manager / TouchApps / Logs area it looks like a call is being made during login or the initial sync to a procedure or function that we do not have in the system,  namely: COMPANY_PERSON_API.IS_EMP_ACTIVE_PERIOD. 

A truncated version of this query that fails is what is shown on the mobile device in the screenshot shown earlier.

Anyone have any idea if this is a bug or something strange?  We do have TIMMAN and TIMREP and use both in our system, it is only the TimeTracker mobile app that is a problem.

Thanks,

Nick