Solved

Increment at sickleave

• 18 December 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

I have a customer who uses Increment Schedules for night work. When an employee work night they are entitled to a fixed increment. When the employee is sick, they also have the right to this fixed increment, except the first sick day. Are there any way to set this up in Time Management?

BR

Karro

icon

Best answer by Kevin Curtis 8 February 2020, 01:26

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Karro:

The exception of the first sick day, you can add the absence in the increment in a Wage Code List, and then set the absence parameters for the Absence Wage Code for “Increments” set to “Increments for Absence”.  

The catch is the first sick day.  If you can use a different wage code for the first sick day then that would solve it.  

Let me know if I can help you out further.

Kevin

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your answer! Sorry, but I don´t really understand how to set this up. Can you please help me? I have created wage codes and wage code list, but I don´t understand the part “then set the absence parameters for the Absence Wage Code for “Increments” set to “Increments for Absence”. 

Can you please explain that part more in detail?

I attach a document showing my setup so far. 

Thanks!

BR

Karro

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Karro,

As per Kevin, I think you can do something like below..

In the wage code list the relevant wage codes which is eligible for increments. No need to map increment wage codes there. 

RMB on the absence wage code and select ‘Absence Parameters’ There you can see what you were looking for..

Hope this helps.

BR,

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Shehan and Kevin,

Thank you so much for your answers! I would be very grateful if you have the opportunity to look into my attached test case. Have I understood you correctly? Or is there any other way to solve this? 

Thank you for your time!

BR

Karro

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @KAAGSE

Here’s my review of your document.  Please take a look.  The concept is fairly complex so it may or may not work exactly.

Thanks,

Kevin

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for taking your time to look into this! I think this is the closest we can get to any solution.

The problems that I still need to take care of are:

Can´t transfer two different wage codes for sick leave to payroll system. Payroll system need one wage code for the sick leave period to do special calculation for the first sick day. (1/5 of normal week hours should be unpaid).

- Solution - Do a customization in payroll transfer were we switch wage code 99101(first day) to 9910 (2nd day and forward).

Not user friendly because user need to register both 1st day and 2nd day before the system can automatically repeat the wage code for sick leave.

I will talk this through with my customer. Thank you so much for your help! 

BR

Karro