Question

IFS Go-Live

• 29 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello! Has anyone ever done a Go-Live without the Finance Module, having the finance department join in at a second stage? If so, what were the challenges faced or comments about splitting the go-live? 

2 replies

Badge +1

Hi Alice, I have seen customers totally ignore IFS Finance, and others use integration to a third party Finance tool

Whether you are using IFS Finance or not as part of the initial go live, I would recommend you complete ‘some’ IFS finance set-up, as all the operational transactions will be accumulating and want to be posted to the general ledger, even if it’s the standard IFS chart of accounts.  Whether you need them or not in the first phase, they will be accumulating!

Once IFS then move over to IFS Financials, I imagine you will need to complete some reconciliation for the month/year end numbers (depending on when you move).  Remember, a large part of the IFS Finance configuration is date driven, so you can have a dummy set of accounts/posting controls up to finance go live, and a ‘real’ set created when you go live

Hope this helps

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Yes we had the similar scenario, we were able to run the processes non dependent / linked to Finance for e.g. CRM but wherever we have a link with Finance we cannot. Hence if you have a clear identification and demarcation then yes you can. Its challenging but can be done.