Question

Crystal Reports - Web Services error in IFS

• 10 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Hi everyone

I have a big problem. I have to make report with barcode. Something like this

When I try print report in application I receive error

But if I remove BARCODE with report, print will be succesful. 

Whats going on? Please help me because I am in helpless situation.

5 replies

Badge +4

Debugerr show this

Start Time: 14:57:10,681
Category : Server Invoke
Sub Category : Soft exception
Info : PrintReport.ReportFormatRequest
Thread : 0x0010 - IFS Application Explorer Form Thread
Requested URL : https://ifs-app-test.powertech.local:48080/int/default/clientgateway/PrintReport/ReportFormatRequest
Redirected URL : 
Request Id : 9d9365c3-84e7-4b68-a7f5-1a4be7a7efcd
Duration (ms): 2055
DB Statements Executed : 36
DB Rows Fetched : 11
External Calls : 0
GZip Acc/Req/Resp : 1/1/1
Bytes Sent : 606
Bytes Sent Compressed : 404
Bytes Sent Compression Ratio : 67%
Bytes Received : 128333
Buffer Parsing (ms) : 0
Record Parsing (ms) : 
Exception : VeryBad

Badge +2

Hi, 

Are you using text that is formatted into a barcode with the use of a font? If so make sure that the font you are using is installed on the location of your crystal web services and potentially any print servers you are using. 

Thanks,

Rob

Badge +4

RobertW Thank for you answer

Yes. I confirm and maybe here is a problem. IFS using Code 39 Arial 11 but in Crystal Reports I have only: 

What I have to do? How add fonts to Crystal Reports? Where I find Code 39 Arial 11?

Badge +2

The standard Code 39 should be fine for what you need, but as my guess is you are going from Report Designer to Crystal reports? Then most likely you will need to install the Code 39 font that is currently within your crystal reports, onto the server that you are hosting the Crystal Web Service. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

One thing I came across was that if the report is a Crystal Report then we had to install the barcode font onto the user’s pc (for all users that would use the report).  Whereas, if an IFS Report Designer report then all that was required was to install the Barcode font onto the server hosting the Crystal Web Service.