Solved

change options in radiogroup control in Aurena

• 7 February 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

How do you change the options in a radio group control in Aurena?

For example, when adding an expense to an expense sheet, there is a radiogroup control where the user picks between mileage, entertainment, and other.

For my company entertainment is not a valid option.  We only want either mileage or other.

How do I hide the entertainment option from the radiogroup control?

icon

Best answer by anmise 14 February 2020, 13:07

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@shallk - you helped me on the LOV question, so I thought I would see if you have any insight on this one.

How do I hide an option like the one in the screenshot below?  Mileage and Other apply to my organization, but Entertainment does not.

Userlevel 7

@shallk - you helped me on the LOV question, so I thought I would see if you have any insight on this one.

How do I hide an option like the one in the screenshot below?  Mileage and Other apply to my organization, but Entertainment does not.

It's unfortunately not possible to change this through the designer currently. You'd have to modify the actual base data group, which I believe would require a modification at this point in time.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@anmise could this be put on a list for a future update?  As of now, this limitation will prevent me from rolling Aurena out to our users.  Having options that are not valid for my business will create a lot of errors and problems that will make the issues outweigh the benefits.

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7

@anmise could this be put on a list for a future update?  As of now, this limitation will prevent me from rolling Aurena out to our users.  Having options that are not valid for my business will create a lot of errors and problems that will make the issues outweigh the benefits.

Thanks for your help.

I've put the question to RnD, will let you know. In the meantime you could setup a custom event to stop the process if they use the wrong option. Not perfect but should prevent erroneous data. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@anmise Thank you.  I’m not sure how a custom event would work in this case, but at the end of the day you can hide tabs in IEE and radio groups are basically the Aurena equivalent of hiding a tab.  So not being able to control the group is like not being able to hide a tab.

Userlevel 7

@anmise Thank you.  I’m not sure how a custom event would work in this case, but at the end of the day you can hide tabs in IEE and radio groups are basically the Aurena equivalent of hiding a tab.  So not being able to control the group is like not being able to hide a tab.

If your users are not allowed to add Entertainment, then you wouldn’t have the required basic data setup anyway I guess? But if some can log it you could create a custom event on the EntertainmentExpDetail LU to display a stopping message when someone who isn’t allowed tries to enter a claim.

BEGIN
Error_SYS.Appl_General('EntertainmentExpDetail', 'TEST: You are not allowed to enter Entertainment Expenses.');
END;

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@anmise So the events are working and help.  Do you know if it is possible to rename the options in a radio group and/or change which one is selected by default?

Userlevel 7

@anmise So the events are working and help.  Do you know if it is possible to rename the options in a radio group and/or change which one is selected by default?

I assume you could do it through translations for path ExpenseSheetType.%, but I’m not entierly sure to be honest.

You cannot change the default, but you can set it to DefaultToPrevious (remember the last value used), which might help some.