Question

Access to Employee Objectives and Expenses

• 7 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

We are on Apps 8 and have just implemented the use of Employee Objectives.  However, we have key users in Finance who need access to authorize employee expenses and payroll.  Our solution to provide this access has been to grant them positional access to the level of CEO.  However, now that we are implementing Employee Objectives, we don't want these people being able to see everyone’s objectives.  How do we grant them access to be able to deal with expenses and payroll but remove access to objectives, other than their own?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Caroline,

This can be easily achieved using Access Attributes and Access Roles.

1. First Go to Access Attributes and create a New Attribute under Employee Objective.  (Make sure the active check box is selected)

1. Now if you check the Employee Objectives, no records will be displayed.
  2. Now you can Create ‘Access Roles’ in order to provide the access to the Objectives. (Map the relevant Attribute ID created)

1. This access Role can be assigned to the Relevant Employee Positions in the Position access window.

1. Only the employees who is assigned to the given position will now have access to the employee objectives. (You can provide a different Access Role to the Finance Department’s positions so that they will not see objectives of other employees.)

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi Shehan,

The screens you show appear to be Apps 9.  We are on Apps 8 and I cannot find the screens in question.  Might they be called something else in Apps 8?

Regards

Caroline

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Caroline,

I dont think APP8 has this ‘Access Attributes’ and ‘Access Roles’ option.

I’m sorry I did not see that you were referring to APP8.

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida.