Question

IFS Cloud - Unable to find my custom view when create a new lobby data source

• 6 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Morning,

We are trying to create a new lobby, but we it come time to create the datasouce (using datasource designer), we are getting always the error “UNABLE TO FIND xxxxx View” (where xxxxx is the name of the view). I already change the grants in all ways possible, and I don’t thing the problem is it. 

Did anyone have the same problem and managed to fix?

Thanks,

Gianni

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Are you using the SQL version of the datasource designer rather than projection?  If so, try using the projection type first.  There is a problem there with the two types that we’ve had on an open case for months and IFS still hasn’t figured out. (Our case reference CS0091468)

Also, for custom items, there is also a problem with publishing and viewing custom entities due to a history log problem that is not corrected by R&D to this point.  (Our case reference CS0087301)

You have tagged the post as 21R1, but I hope you aren’t still on 21R1, there are lots of problems with that version.  We are currently on 22R1, but still have the above problems among others.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @ShawnBerk,

Thanks for the quick answer. I don’t understand what you what mean by “Datasource Designer rather than projection”. We are coming from far. Actually, we are running APP9 and updating to CLOUD. 

So, Did you mean that we are suppose to create projection show as a lobby?

My mistake. The version is 21.2.11.

Thanks again,

Gianni

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

We are running APP9 and updating to Cloud as well, so equivalent starting point there.

You are only getting part of my phrase, I said “SQL version of the datasource designer”

There are two Datasource types in Cloud.  SQL and Projection.

There is a problem creating a new element using the SQL version unless you create the Projection version first.  So that is what I mean….how are you starting to create the element?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @ShawnBerk ,

I never saw projection option on lobby datasources, because of that I did not understand. When I click on “+” option, I see no other option. Tomorrow, morning I will try again.

thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

OK, in that case, also check that you have these two permission sets granted for the Lobby setup

FND_WEBENDUSER_MAIN and FND_LOBBY_SQLDS_ADMIN

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Morning @ShawnBerk,

I finding FND_LOBBY_SQLDS_ADIM and I’ve been unable to found this permission set. Is it a custom permission set or maybe a fix for a IFS case?

I have three environments already and none of them have this permission set installed.

Thanks,

Badge +14

Hi @gianni.neves, would it be possible to know whether you managed to solve this issue with custom views, please?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, you can circumvent this issue by directly modifying the datasource xml.

First you export a datasource which you can use as a template. There you can use your custom view and also add columns, names, etc.

Then you import it into the application and custom view is available.