Question

IFS Business Reporter- Issues using drill down function

• 30 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi All,

Is it possible to use the drill down function but point it at a dimension instead of the original info source ? 

Current report - 

The report currently uses a custom Info source that has grouped data in the IAL so the drill down wont go further down if I point it to the info source. 

I am wondering if its possible to point the drill down function to the Dim showing the same columns just without the grouping ? 

When I have tried to do this - I set up the custom dimension connections and it seems to wipe out my information source in my report as if there was a failure of the connections. 

Any advise would be appreciated 

Thanks

Cameron

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hmm, not sure I understand…

In the standard FACT_GL_BALANCE Drill Down is not connected to the same Information Source but to a Measure item in another Information Source FACT_GL_TRANSACTION.

Isn’t that what you would do? You have aggregated data in one Information Source and transaction level data in another Information Source. You would then link the measure item in one information source to the measure item in another Information Source.

So the Drill Down should not point at a dimension, right? 

/Stefan

Badge +2

Thanks for the reply

Yeah sorry i tried it with another info source but it seemed to break the report. 

That is why i was trying dimensions. 

Trying what you have state still causes issues for me. when in my report it throws errors until those boxes are emptied. Is there another part of the process after this screen that i could be missing ?

report works fine when i remove the drill down settings

The only difference is I'm using a quick information source. Does that matter ? 

Thanks again 

Cameron

Badge +2

Another error that has appeared if this is any help ?