Question

Business Reporter not able to run report due to item 'probability'

• 10 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi, 

I ran into an issue with Business Reporter. I use the data source Business Opportunities. But Business Reporter gets stuck when I try to run my report. There is no error message or some sort, just the screen below which gets stuck. 

By trial and error, removing items and then test run the report, I discovered what caused the issue: it is item ‘Probability’ and ‘Description’, both under item Probability. When I remove that Item, my report runs without problems. 

But I do not know how I can resolve this issue? Help is highly appreciated because I want to display the item Probability in my report. 

Kind regards,

Simon

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @jporter 

I am sorry for my late reply. I was on holiday. 

I did not create a case. I created a new custom item in the menu  ‘Relastions for Facts’ fetching the data from ‘Probability’ and 'Description’ using SQL. So I created a work around for the issue instead of really solving it. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @BZNSIMON 

Did you create a case and get this issue resolved?  We have something similar and would like to know how to proceed.

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Nisansala , 

Thank you for your reply. Your suggestion did not solve the error so I will create a support ticket. 

Kind regards, 

Simon 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Simon,

It might be takings more time to fetch the data from server when you are using those display items in your report. It might depend on the amount of data to fetch and also the queries generated underneath. It is bit difficult to say what is causing the issue without technical investigation. Best thing would be to raise a support ticket. 

However, you may try these report options to see if you can optimize the performance.

Best Regards,
Nisansala