Solved

Use of Corporate credit card in credit card integration

• 21 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

When using corporate Diners credit card we registered it under the credit card details. When processing the incoming message an error was given stating that there is no match in the credit card number.

We connected the card to an employee and then the issue was solved. However this is a corporate credit card in the company name.

Is it a requirement to connect a corporate credit card to an employee for the system to work?

Thank you

Chaminda

icon

Best answer by Lasanthi Jinadasa 22 September 2021, 12:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Chaminda,

Yes.  It has to be connected to the employee.

Though it is a corporate or private credit card, it will be issued/given to a dedicated employee. Therefore, it should be connected to the employee. When defining card type,  you can set them as reimbursable or not. Normally, corporate cards are set as reimbursable. 

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Badge +2

Hi @Lasanthi Jinadasa 

When we issue the corporate credit card to one dedicated employee, how will it be possible to attach the credit card transaction to the expense sheet of the person the transaction is actually for? 

Brgds

Lisa Berg-Hornnes

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @bwolbh ,

Once you import the transaction file, it will be loaded to the credit card transactions. When the relevant person created the expense sheet, the transactions for that employee will be loaded in to the credit card tab, using the connected card number of that employee. He/She will be able to generate/connect such transactions to his expenses then.

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Badge +2

Hi @Lasanthi Jinadasa 

Thank you for your answer. However, the corporate credit card will have transactions for all employees that has used the corporate card, and not only the one that is connected to the credit card. So all credit card transactions for the corporate card will end up in the expense sheet for one employee. Is there any way to move the transactions to the Trans Emp no? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @bwolbh ,

You can’t connect the same credit card having the same validity period to several employees. If it is corporate credit card, when assigning it to the employees, you have to specify the validity period -  actual valid from/to dates on which the card assigned to the employee.

When creating expenses, according to the mappings it should correctly fetch the transactions done by the relevant employee only, not all.

Have you found any such issue there?

Best Regards,

Lasanthi 

Badge +2

Hi @Lasanthi Jinadasa 

Ok. That means we cannot use the corporate credit card transactions, as this is a common card that is used for all employees. 

When I connect the corporate credit card to myself I can see all transactions yes, but they are not really my transactions. I have made a custom field that shows the employee number and name of the person the transaction belongs to, but if it is not possible to transfer/move the transaction to the employee that it belongs to the transactions is of no value to us.