Solved

Terminate Employee

• 11 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi - When completing the Terminate Employee wizard, IFS prompts for Employee Status (After Termination). When i enter a value in this nothing changes, is there a background job or something that is supposed to run that changes the employee status? I feel like i am missing something obvious here?

icon

Best answer by Shehan Almeida 11 March 2020, 00:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi David,

The employee status is always works with the dates applied.

To which date you have terminated given employee??

If it is for a future date the employees current status will not be updated until that date. If it is a past date you will see the status updated with the new code.

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Shehan, 

Thanks for the info. When i set the date in the past, you are right, the employee is terminated when the wizard finishes.

I terminated someone using the Wizard and set their notification date and end date as today, 11/03/2020. Their status stays as Active. However, I see that an entry has been made in the Employee Status dialog starting tomorrow, which would make them inactive tomorrow, so you are right, it works as expected. 

This does not happen for us in our prod version of IFS, but it is on an old release of Apps9 so it may have been corrected in one of the updates. 

Thanks for responding. 

Dave

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi David,

Yes. I also believe some thing is missing in your older versions.

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida.