Question

Reflection of Terminated/Retired employee in Organization Chart

• 13 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have a Terminated some employees using Terminate Employment functionality of IFS APP9, but despite following the process some employees are still being reflected in Organization Chart. I am not able to sort out reason behind. Anybody who can help? Screen grabs are attached.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Amjad,

Does this issue happen only for few/some terminated employees ? Other terminated employees are not visible in Org chart as usual?

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

This happens with only few employees  and above mentioned employee is one of those. I am stuck here for quite long time?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Amjad,

Did you check this employee’s organization assignments? Have they already terminated properly? Better if you can compare the one correctly terminated, but not visible in org char with this employee. In the above Employee file pic, you can’t see organization code and position. But, normally that should be visible though they have terminated, if you have proper access. 

What is the UPD level currently using? 

Best regards,

Lasanthi

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks for your response:

Here's attached the screen short of Assignment Tab, as far as the org and position assignment fields are empty I believe the that's only due the Primary field check box.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @MilAmjadM ,

Yes. as you said, if there is no primary assignment, you can’t see the organization and position assignment. But, practically, there should be a primary assignment even if that employee is terminated. Isn’t it. Do you think if the terminated employees still visible in org chart has any relationship with primary assignment? Can you just check it with primary assignment checked? If you do some changes, make sure you close the org chart form and re-open it.

I couldn’t find any issue or bug in that area.  If you still have the issue and couldn’t figure out the reason, better you can create a support task with the specific scenario,

Kind Regards,

Lasanthi

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks for prompt response!:

I have tried all the means but could get to the point, even did what you mentioned above

Issue is still there! As far as the support Case is concerned, should I go for that when 90% results in Org Chart are Ok and few are creating problems?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @MilAmjadM ,

It always depends on the criticality of this issue to your business. I feel this may not be a big issue and impact if majority works fine. Further, this will not give any flow errors either. 

Most probably this may be related to a data errors at some point of this erroneous employees. It can be depend on the version you are using too. Without doing deep investigation on the specific scenario, root course for this cannot be identified. That’s why I suggested to get the assistance from support, if it really needed.

May be you can wait some opinion from other community members in case if they observe this situation. 

Kind Regards,

Lasanthi