Question

How I can Export operational report to excel in IFS 9 version? please suggest?

• 5 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

How I can Export operational report to excel in IFS 9 version? please suggest?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Pardeep,

Beats me if there is a standard solution. I think my first idea is to see that the report archive contains the result of the report that has been requested. Maybe you are able to map the output xml to an Excel xml file (it is not a solution, but more of a hint how to do this: https://www.excel-easy.com/examples/xml.html).

An event could be triggered when the regular report has been prepared and an api will pick up the results and use it to map it to Excel xml.

Succes,

Steve

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Pardeep,

Go through this Post, you have excel plugins from IFS 8 onwards which can be configured in report definitions.

https://community.ifs.com/technology-all-about-the-nuts-and-bolts-that-make-it-work-50/excel-output-from-order-report-1220

Regards,

Sri

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

an “old school” way of solving this is to do it as a two-step process, generate the operational report first and then extract the data via a quick report. You will not need any additional components, but the process is not as neat.

1. Check which table the Operational report’s result will be put in (As an example, “Supplier Ledger Open Items" will be found in SUP_OPEN_ITEM_REP)
  2. Create a quick report that pulls out the data from the report table you use as per above, define the report columns properly etc. and make sure you use RESULT_KEY as the in-parameter. The quick report can be pretty simple in its design, since it is the operational report that has all the selection criteria.
  3. Order the IFS operational report as normal, with proper selection criteria, groupings etc.. When the report is ready, fetch the report key from the overview form Report Archive.
  4. Run the Quick report, using the newly created result_key to get the report data you ordered. If you are on a newer IFS version, the quick report result can be transferred directly to Excel without populating the application first, otherwise you would use the output channels after QR generation.

Kind regards,

//Lovisa

Badge +5

Hi,

an “old school” way of solving this is to do it as a two-step process, generate the operational report first and then extract the data via a quick report. You will not need any additional components, but the process is not as neat.

1. Check which table the Operational report’s result will be put in (As an example, “Supplier Ledger Open Items" will be found in SUP_OPEN_ITEM_REP)
  2. Create a quick report that pulls out the data from the report table you use as per above, define the report columns properly etc. and make sure you use RESULT_KEY as the in-parameter. The quick report can be pretty simple in its design, since it is the operational report that has all the selection criteria.
  3. Order the IFS operational report as normal, with proper selection criteria, groupings etc.. When the report is ready, fetch the report key from the overview form Report Archive.
  4. Run the Quick report, using the newly created result_key to get the report data you ordered. If you are on a newer IFS version, the quick report result can be transferred directly to Excel without populating the application first, otherwise you would use the output channels after QR generation.

Kind regards,

//Lovisa

Hello Lovisa,

thanks for answer. i know this way of export but i want the same report  from order report not by two step process

Regards

Pardeep 

Badge +2

Hi,

When you have access to the sql query tool you can also request the data in this way:

Copy your result_key after running the ‘customer ledger open items’

and paste in the where class of the query