Solved

Granting supervisors access to terminated employees

• 25 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello 

By default anyone who is not “HR Application Manager” loses access to terminated employees. 

We have a scenarion where employee is already terminated, but we need their supervisor to authorize working hours one or two weeks after. Is there a way to grant supervisor access to this type of employees, the ones that are already terminated but have remaining authorizations. 

Also if there is such access can we limit its valid to date to last only for a few weeks after the end date to the employment? 

icon

Best answer by Shehan Almeida 25 November 2021, 12:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I also think so. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Artus,

You concern is valid.

If the supervisor has access to the group, It gives access to all the terminated employees in the group. Regardless of the previous assignments. 

Shehan Almeida.

Thanks Shehan

It does make sense regarding former emp groups.

I believe (if I recall correctly) that previously supervisors and managers without “HR Application Manager” access were not able to see terminated employees in Authorizations or Time Card Day/Week, but it seems to be working now, maybe it was updated/improved with one of our system updates delivered by IFS. 

thanks again :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Artus,

You concern is valid.

If the supervisor has access to the group, It gives access to all the terminated employees in the group. Regardless of the previous assignments. 

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Shehan

Thanks for your response and suggestion. 

This was one of the options I considered, but because we only wanted managers to see their subordinates, would’t this type of access give permission to view everyone in the group, or would constraint apply and anyone having access to former emp group only would see the employees thatthey had access to when they were active? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi 

Glad to hear that there is no issue for you Now.

However, for your information,  you can use the former employee group for this type of scenarios..

Other wise you will get a warning as given below.

Group can be created in this window. 

Hope this helps.

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

EDIT: I belive there was misunderstanding and mangers/supervisors are able to access Authorization and Time Card Day for the employees that are terminated.  

I don’t think I need any other help, apologies for the inconvenience.