Question

Error message during deleting a User

• 28 September 2022
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Team,

We are facing a issue while trying to delete a new user created in IFS 9 Apps.

Getting the below error message while trying the remove the link from Company window for that particular User.

So, Kindly suggest to proceed with it.

Thank you.

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

Is it really the user you want to delete? The screen shot shows the Person window.

To remove the person you must first remove the employee and that can only be made if you have no historical transactions and if you remove all possible connections in HR on the employee.

If you really want to remove the user on the other hand you should start with disconnecting the user from the person and then you can go to Solution manager and remove the user.

Rgrds,

Maria

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your response and feedback.

But while i’m trying to delete a User from Create User window, the system asking me to delete the Person ID associated with User. If again trying to remove the Person ID, getting the error message as to delete from CompanyEMP window.

But in Company window, while trying to remove the Employee the system throws the below error message.

So, Is there any method to do so?

Regards

Shiraj

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

You should just remove the connection between user and person, not the complete person. Go to overview Persons and query for the user / person.

On the line - remove the user ID in the field for user. now it should be possible to remove the user.

Rgrds,

maria

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @ProShiraA 

try to delete the employee from the company with the IFSAPP user. This should work.

Then you can delete the user.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi, is there an option to remove the company employee without the owner user?

I already have the permission but it stucks with the same permission message.

Br.

Lopes

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @lopespetro ,

You can delete company employees only if there is no transactions made agains that employee. If this is newly created employee, go to the employee file and remove any organization assignments already created. If there is no transactions you will be able to delete the employee from Company employees window. 

If you want to remove the preson, that can also be possible afte that. 

Before deleteing the person, remove the connection to the user ID, so that you will be able to delete the person as well. 

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @lopespetro ,

You can delete company employees only if there is no transactions made agains that employee. If this is newly created employee, go to the employee file and remove any organization assignments already created. If there is no transactions you will be able to delete the employee from Company employees window. 

If you want to remove the preson, that can also be possible afte that. 

Before deleteing the person, remove the connection to the user ID, so that you will be able to delete the person as well. 

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Hi @Lasanthi Jinadasa , Thank you for reply and info.

Even a after link the person to the company, I can’t delete. I don’t know why, but as I try to search the employee file, the screen is empty.

Please take a look. What can I do in this case?

Br.

Lopes

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @lopespetro ,

I think you are in a different company. You are trying to delete employee from company RA. But, you are trying to find the Employee File in company PR. Better if you try this using IFS application owner or from a user having HR application mamangers’s access .

BR

/Lasanthi

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @lopespetro ,

I think you are in a different company. You are trying to delete employee from company RA. But, you are trying to find the Employee File in company PR. Better if you try this using IFS application owner or from a user having HR application mamangers’s access .

BR

/Lasanthi

Hi @Lasanthi Jinadasa , good point noticed, I’ve changed my default company to RA but even in RA there is no emp.

I’ve tried to find any basic data or parameter but I couldn’t.

I can delete with the owner but the problem that I don’t have access the owner user in production. Just the database company does.

Also checked the permission and everything is granted.

Is there something else I can do or this process can only be done using the owner?

Thank you for attention.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @lopespetro ,

That means , you have access to employees in RA Comapnay., but not for this employee?

When populating employee files, you can see the rest of the employees ? If not, you need permission to see the employees in RA company.

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @lopespetro ,

That means , you have access to employees in RA Comapnay., but not for this employee?

When populating employee files, you can see the rest of the employees ? If not, you need permission to see the employees in RA company.

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Hi @Lasanthi Jinadasa , I have access to all companies, also the views. If I populate, I can’t see any employee. Am I missing any permission set or parameter?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @lopespetro ,

In order to see employees in employee files, you need to have supervision access over the relevant busines units. For ex: Supervisor will be able to see his/her subordinates data. Or else, you should have HR Application Manager or IFS application owner rights to employee data. Otherwise you should not be possible to see employees in an organization. 

Please grant supervisor access to the relvant business unit from Supervisor - access set up window. If you have proper access, you can see your surbodinates in supervised employees tab. Those employees will be visible in Employee File then. 

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @lopespetro ,

In order to see employees in employee files, you need to have supervision access over the relevant busines units. For ex: Supervisor will be able to see his/her subordinates data. Or else, you should have HR Application Manager or IFS application owner rights to employee data. Otherwise you should not be possible to see employees in an organization. 

Please grant supervisor access to the relvant business unit from Supervisor - access set up window. If you have proper access, you can see your surbodinates in supervised employees tab. Those employees will be visible in Employee File then. 

Best Regards,

Lasanthi

Hi @Lasanthi Jinadasa , Thank you for the info.

I just granted the Manager access and it worked well.

Appreciate your attention.

Br.

Lopes

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @lopespetro ,

Happy to here that the problem solved.

BR

/Lasanthi